we’re making the fun choice the right choice
it’s a process and a work in progress
let me skip the marketing bs and hit the nail on the head: we’re quite proud to be calling ourselves a sustainable clean brand, but being #zerowaste isn’t just an influencer meme, it’s a process.
put simply: we’re always learning and working on becoming more earth friendly and quite frankly, we’ll always be. as we grow, our buying power grows, and our options for more sustainable options too.
packaging: only recycled, recyclable, or compostable material
we looked at ourselves and thought ‘’yo, we gotta do better with the packaging thing’’. we’re constantly looking for ways to reduce our environmental output by only carrying minimalistic and recyclable packaging, while prioritising compostable options wherever possible.
- our product pouches: we settled on resealable recyclable packets for blenders, candy, etc..because they were the most hygienic option for the products. while we’re looking into better options, we encourage our customers to give a new purpose to old things, like reusing the packets to store their blenders or as a handy travel case.
- our mailer bags & boxes: we recently switched to paper bags. they’re fully recyclable and are made with 100% recycled paper fibre cushioning.
- bottles: we recognise that recyclable plastic isn’t as earth friendly and are currently looking into other options. but let me explain. one, we source our bottles from a domestic manufacturer instead of an international one. that makes it more expensive, but its transportation creates a much smaller carbon footprint, which is equally as important to us. second, they’re also postal friendly so we can ship them to you in the most earth friendly way.
- containers: we chose aluminium, not just because it looks great, but because it can be recycled, infinitely, without ever ruining its quality. yes, that is for life.
- tubes: crafted from 100% paperboard, which is a renewable, biodegradable and recyclable material and lined with a plant based polymer to contain oils. pretty cool stuff.
generally speaking, we really try and minimise packaging in all areas, like not using bubble wrap or external boxes for our bottles, that sort of stuff. we will soon be offering refills, so you only buy packaging once, and we can all reduce our output. oh and we have carefully thought about our packaging designs to maximise the density of our products, and ship’em in an efficient way. take that carbon footprint.
ingredients: vegan, ethically sourced, organic wherever possible, and sustainable.
all our formulas are free of nasty stuff like parabens, sulphates, and chemicals. we’re also cruelty free and always vegan, because that’s the only way to go.
tbh with you, we kinda play hard to get with ingredient suppliers. let’s just say we only match with those that are committed enough to our values, so we can preserve sustainability throughout our entire supply chain.
our people: we want to be better than what the law allows.
as a woman of colour owned company, we are founded on the principle that SUNDAY should represent all genders, cultures and ethnicities, in a way that does good for the people and the planet. we think and act with a unified and equal global mindset. end of.
basically the gist of this is don’t come for us. we’re always getting better. we swear.